Meet John J. Obi, MD
Jacksonville plastic surgeon John J. Obi, MD has been in the private practice of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Jacksonville since 1981. He is a board certified plastic surgeon and a native of Jacksonville.
A native of Jacksonville, Dr. Obi trained in General Surgery at University Hospital (now Shands Jacksonville) after graduating from Tulane University School of Medicine. World-renowned plastic surgeons in the Plastic Surgery Residency Program at the University of Miami selected Dr. Obi for training. Upon completion of the program, he returned to Jacksonville to start his private practice.
More About John J. Obi, MD, Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon
John J. Obi, MD is the Medical Director of Jacksonville Plastic Surgery Center, which is an accredited ambulatory surgery center. He is also an Adjunct Clinical Professor in Plastic Surgery at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville. Dr. Obi instructs other medical practitioners on advanced dermal filler injection techniques and has served as a member of the Merz Aesthetics Education Faculty.
He is recognized by Allergan as a Gold Provider of BOTOX® & Juvéderm®, signifying extensive experience. He has performed hundreds of procedures with dermal filler products such as Radiesse®, Juvéderm®, Restylane®, and BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1982
- Bachelor of Science cum laude, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia, 1970
- M.D. – Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1974
- General Surgery Residency – University Hospital of Jacksonville (Shands Jacksonville), 1975–1978
- Plastic Surgery Residency – University of Miami, 1979–1980
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, 2017 – Present
- President, Medical Staff Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, 2015 – 2016
- President of the Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2007
- Served as a Trustee to Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Guest appearance on ABC’s 20/20 with Diane Sawyer regarding cosmetic breast surgery
- Chosen Best Plastic Surgeon in Jacksonville for several years
- Children’s Medical Services consultant
- Member of the Jacksonville Cleft Lip & Palate program since 1981, serving as the Plastic Surgeon in charge since 1985
- Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Wolfson Children’s Hospital
- Baptist Medical Center
- Baptist Beaches Medical Center
- Cosmetic Surgery of the Face and Body
- Breast Surgery: Enhancement, Lift, Reduction and Reconstruction
- Children’s Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons – Past President
- Greater Jacksonville Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Duval County Medical Society